Tuesday, May 12, 2015

She's baaaak — Maybe

I think it's time to start blogging again. I limited myself to Facebook for a long time, but FB tends to drive me a little pazzo. Time for a new beginning. After being married to the same man for nearly 50 years, I lost him last month to multiple cancers that originated in his pancreas. The only good part of pancreatic cancer is that you don't linger. He spent only 18 days in hospice care, and he was diagnosed just 3 months before his death. This was the third go-round with cancer in 3 years. So, now I try to pick up the pieces and deal with all of the paperwork involved with pensions, insurances and the like. Oh, and there's also the little matter of home maintenance, grass cutting, weed pulling(?). So far, my wonderful neighbor across the street is cutting the grass when he cuts his grandmother's. Have to figure out what to pay him. He has a beautiful little daughter and is about to be married to a super gal, so I know he can use the extra bucks. Also need to start thinning out my husband's tools and yard equipment. He wanted our neighbor to have what I won't use. I'm converting all of the bill paying and banking to online/computer work. Spouse was a total computer-phobe and insisted on paper records. Keeping my banking data on my iPad. Gave up on Quicken. Have a $5 app that does all that I need and keeps the data backed up to my Dropbox account. That's it for the moment. I'm thinking of trying to blog once a week. We'll see what happens. TTFN

No comments: